April 9, 2013

Christmas in April

I am five years old.

I am exhausted, yet I can't sleep.

Because it's Christmas Eve!!

Okay, not really. It's April 9th but it FEELS like Christmas Eve.

Almost not as blissful, though, because on Christmas Eve, I absolutely know that I am going to wake up the following morning to a magical room full of gifts. Unless I somehow happen to be  put on the naughty list. Growing up, I never expected to be on Santa's naughty list. I always knew he would come with a couple of new outfits for me.

I know I'm not on Heavenly Father's naughty list and I know that He wants me to receive my gift, but there is still a chance that it won't come by morning. Because Heavenly Father can't bring me my gift physically. The mailman has to do it.

But the mailman is not as wonderful as Santa Clause.


The time has come, my friends. [Hopefully] Tomorrow morning, my momma should be getting a phone call from the Post Office informing her that my MISSION CALL has arrived!

After 6 long months of debating whether or not I should submit my papers and 3 even longer WEEKS of waiting for the call to come, it is finally here! [Hopefully]

The church is true. Christ lives and He loves us. We have a Father in Heaven who knows us and loves us and is aware of our every want and need. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have of the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so excited to be able to share that knowledge with the world by serving a mission. I want those people that I am to teach to have the opportunity to experience all of the joys that the gospel brings into my life, daily. There is nothing more meaningful than for all of God's children to be able to know of the blessings that come through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that the Lord wants this for His children more than anything. He wants His children to come to know Him. I want His children to come to know Him and I love that I can be a hand in moving His beautiful work forward.


I can't wait to see what my Heavenly Father has in store for the next 18 months of my life. ♥


Any guesses?

2 comments:

Mollie Rose Herrey said...

Sweden, duh. But really. If you come here I will die of happiness.

Erin Larsen said...

You will totally rock wherever you go!!! I'm so excited for you. I'm going to say England, only cuz that's where I went!!