March 25, 2012

Hunger Games. PUKE.


THE HUNGER GAMES.

Disgusting.

I tried to read the book. I started it back when everyone in the world was obsessed with how wonderful it was. I was probably a chapter or two into the book and I was already struggling with the concept when it was brought up at a family dinner. I pretty much idolize my aunt Wendy and I'm sure her opinions about the book contributed to my decision to put it back on the shelf. We discussed the fact that The Hunger Games is entirely about children killing children and that it is wrong. Wendy mentioned that the book is very political and it portrays real issues as fictional in this novel. I felt sorry that I couldn't participate in the discussion. Wendy was alone in her opinions because the rest of the family loved the book.. The heated discussion came to an end..

I put The Hunger Games away.

And I didn't think about it for quite a while.

Until it was announced that they were making a movie.





Corbin and I went and saw it. Just randomly... I came home for the weekend.

 We were all going to go to bed and I said, "Hey Corb! Let's go see the Hunger Games." 

So we did.

It was fun.

I bawled my eyes out when Rue died.

I am pretty sure that I didn't stop crying until the movie was over.

It was a very well made movie, I think.

Great acting.

I love Liam Hemsworth.

Katniss should kiss him instead.

BUT I HATED IT.

It's horrible and it shouldn't be for children.

I wanted to throw up.

That is all.

No comments: