August 18, 2014

Jenga

I´m all better now.

I know what made me sick too. So last Sunday we ate asado.. Barbeque. And we all dipped our meat in this yummy salty lemon sauce. Then I asked Hermano Almada how he marinates his meant. In lemon with lots of salt. ALLLLLLLLL night long. I probably got ECOLI or something. 

Then we went over last night and they gave us some fish soup and told me that if I ate an orange afterward I would get sick. No.... It doesn´t work that way. I´m basically never going to have a problem with fast food again. :) 

This week FLEW by. Probably because we had so much fun. Missionary work is supposed to be fun. Because when I have fun, I want to keep going. I want to talk to more people. I want to work work work. And it doesn´t even kill me.

 I love these scriptures in Helaman 10:

4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

 5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.

 6 Behold, thou art Nephi, and I am God. Behold, I declare it unto thee in the presence of mine angels, that ye shall have power over this people, and shall smite the earth with famine, and with pestilence, and destruction, according to the wickedness of this people.

I thought a lot about these scriptures this week and about what it means to work with unwearyingness. 

Because it doesn´t mean NOT thinking about home. Or NEVER being tired. It doesn´t mean literally running to every lesson or ending a lesson on the dot at the 30 minute mark. 

I figured out that for me to work Unwearingly, I have had to give up a lot of things that I want for the things that the Lord wants. BUT not EVERYTHING. Because the Lord is totally fine with the way I do a lot of things. We get along pretty well He and I. And He has given me the gift of knowing how to have fun. And I found it hidden away this week.

"What you do speaks so loud that I can not hear what you say." -- Ralph Keyes

We got super creative and ended up teaching a lesson to an entire cuadra of people. We wanted to teach some girls a lesson with the cup game. (3 cups and 3 knives?) It teaches unity. Hope you´ve seen it!! If not, look it up. And their parents wouldn´t let us in their houses, so we thought fine, let´s do it in the street... and basically the whole block ended up coming to see what craziness we were working up. We ended up leaving with 2 or 3 people to go back and visit. And we handed out a million pass along cards. These people love anything free. :)

I also spent some time in Rama 3 with Hermana Percival and Hermana Houtz. We are now teaching the Restoration with Jenga.

We had an up in assistencia yesterday. 85 people came and we were even missing a bunch!! We had 5 investigators come as well yesterday. It was incredible. And the majority came with members!!

Andrea is getting baptized next week. She got a blessing this week and her mom is finally giving her permission to be baptized. She is so cute and so prepared!!

We also had a very powerful lesson with Juan Almada yesterday. His mom is basically crazy. and doesn´t leave him alone about how he is friends with the devil. But we taught him about prayer. How we are going to stop bugging him about going to church and reading the scriptures. He knows better. But we are going to ask him if he´s praying. Because by prayer, the other things will come. We talked about how he can pray in any moment and that when he feels sad or mad or upset, Prayer is the answer. The spirit was so strong. And he offered the most beautiful prayer to end the lesson.

The church is true. Christ leads it. I love being a missionary because I love feeling the spirit every day. And I love helping other people to feel it too. I love how my Heavenly Father´s hand is so visible in every day. And that He is guiding me and leading me to the people that need Him and His Son. And that by following his guidance, He helps me to be closer to Christ as well.

xoxo

Hermana Rupe

no pictures again. camera broke. ;(

“We are surrounded by those in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort, our kindness—be they family members, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. We are the Lord’s hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children. He is dependent upon each of us. …

“‘… Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these … , ye have done it unto me’ [Matthew 25:40].”2 -- President Monson

No comments: