December 1, 2014

Argentina Bound

Welp. I´m outta here. See ya later beautiful Paraguay.
Tomorrow, I´m headed back to my homeland. The country of my Birth. And most likely my death here in the mission. San Vicente, Argentina is the place. I went there once. Way back in the day that I couldn´t speak spanish but when I thought I could. I really couldn´t... My companion´s name is Hermana Torres. And I think she´s from Guatemala. We shall see. I really wanted an American. But it´s all good. My Spanish is going to improve. :)
I´m really sad to be leaving honestly. It has been such an incredible experience here in Santa Ana with Hermana Juarez. And I could not have had a better last week here. We through a party, right? I am just a really bad party thrower I think because no one ever comes. But we had fun and I got to listen to some Michael Jackson because Junior decided to dance to Billie Jean. #michaelisamissionary.
Our investigators came and we had so much support from every non member in Santa Ana. Which is every missionary´s dream right? But MEMBERS are crucial!.. SUPPORT your ward parties PLEASE!!
I have been studying in Mosiah. I love it. This time around, I am actually catching the drift of how the Book of Mormon was written. Who passed it to who.. and I actually have been able to remember where the stories are and who did what! It´s miraculous. And I love the Book of Mormon. This week, I found a bunch of random scriptures that I love!!
Mosiah 19 talks about the importance of Families! Find me the verse and I will buy you an alfajor.
Mosiah 21 talks about God´s love for the humble. And the importance of the priesthood!! The people wanted to be baptized so badly but they knew that they had to have authority to do it.. So they waited!
Mosiah 23 shows us that when we love one another and make a concious decision to not allow contention, the spirit accompanies us and gives us MORE LOVE!
Mosiah 24:6 teaches us to always keep a journal!
25 talks about how the church was equal in every part of the land.

And chapter 27 teaches us about Alma the younger´s conversion!! How after he was converted, he dedicated his whole life to the work of the Lord. Knowing that the things of God are so much more important than the things of the world.

Where Your Treasure Is
Something that I have noticed is that so many people take all of the time in the world to please themselves or their bosses or their spouses or anyone else, but GOD. And really, if we don´t take time to strengthen ourselves spiritually, everything else we do is never going to really matter.
I love the example of Alma. His repentance and his desire to change. 

Yesterday was full of miracles. I think that Sundays always are. Guess who came to church?? YENI AND YONY!!! We were so happy. We told them that we would get up early to go pick them up.. And when we got to their house they were all ready super dressed up and excited to go! They weren´t planning on staying for all 3 hours. BUT THEY STAYED! And although Yeni wasn´t too pleased with the irreverent children, she loved it and they both felt the spirit so strongly. It really was incredible.
We did divisiones with Hermana Steele and Hermana Sorenson. Yes, another holiday with all Americans. I promise it wasn´t planned that way. :) We spent Thanksgiving with the American family in Presidente Franco and it honestly was so incredible. We went around the table and we each told of something that we are grateful.
Everyone was grateful for families.
I am so grateful for my family.

I also am SO grateful for prayer! I found a quote this week that I just LOVE.

"I pray because I can´t help myself.. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, walking and sleeping. It doesn´t change God. It changes me." --C.S. Lewis

Prayer really, honestly does change us. It has changed me. Could you feel the Lord listening last week?


"We can choose to reach for God´s hand in our need. We can face our challenges with prayer and trust in the Lord. And in the process, we become more like Him."

The church really honestly completely is TRUE! I know it. There is no doubt in my mind. I love the person that the Lord is helping me to become. I know that I have a long way to go but I am learning so much about myself and about God. I´m learning that I can not imagine my life without the gospel.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.
 
                                  This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.
 
          So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"
 
                                 The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
                                                   Mary Stevenson

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is not a checklist of things to do; rather, it lives in our hearts. The gospel "is not weight; it´s wings" it carries us.
The gospel is carrying me. My Heavenly Father carries me. Christ carries me.
EVERY. DAY.

Hermana Rupe




No comments: