May 13, 2012

MOM

My mom is my very best friend in the whole entire world.

If you have read my blog more than once, you should already know that.

Let me tell you why I love my mom so much. I could write 10 years worth of words but I just don't have time to do that so here is the shortened version.

My mom and I butted heads a lot when I was younger. I think it was mostly because I was a little punk and I liked to cause mischief in my middle school years.

But I quickly grew out of that phase of my life.

There was a time that my mom told me that she couldn't trust me. I will never forget how horribly I felt that day but even more scarring was the pain that I caused my mom. I knew that I hurt her badly and from that day forward, I swore to never put my mom through such pain EVER again.

& I don't believe that I have ever hurt her like that since.


My mom always has my back.

She sticks up for me when no one else will and she is always on my side as long as I am on the right side!

My mom is the first person I call when anything worth talking about happens to me.

Sometimes I even call her when I don't have anything important to say.

She just listens to me

& she gives me good advice.

She loves me & I love her.

I am so thankful for the relationship that I have with my mom. It kills me when I talk to people who don't have good relationships with their mothers. I am very blessed to have the mom that I have.

It's been a long time coming.

We've had our ups

and we've had our downs.. Like when I was a little punk in middle school.

I did some stupid things but my mom never gave up on me. Even now, as a poor college student, she continues to believe in me even when I may not believe in myself. She is my strength and she is what keeps me going.

All I want in life is to make my parents proud. That's all.

& I am so blessed to have parents who are proud of everything good that I do. They make it so easy to strive to be my best. I love my dad so very much, but today is my mom's day. I am blessed to be able to say that I have the best mom on earth.



Happy Mother's Day, Mommy.

I love you infinity Swedish Fish,

xoxoxo


No comments: