July 14, 2014

OREOS

No Corbin, the Argentine people don´t hate anyone. They are just super Christ-like and love the whole world.
Especially Germans. And I am now German. All of our new investigators that we met yesterday think I´m German. That´s how we got in their doors. :)
But that really is a lie. I don´t know who Argentina doesn´t like. I´m not even in Argentina but I totally was rooting for them.
WHO IS PREGNANT!!?!?!?!?! I have to know NOW! This is literally killing me. Like so bad it hurts.

We made yummy mexican food this week. 
We ate oreo truffles. Made those too.
We watched Saturday´s Warrior. I am upset that I have never seen that before. Who is to blame?
We can´t speak either language and we can´t tell which one we are speaking.
We wanted Argentina to win.
then I pretended to be German. Oops. Already told you that one.
We share clothes
We still get rejected sometimes
We started running this morning.
We cleaned out Erico´s foot. (I cleaned Erico´s foot.)
We made breakfast with Lidia
We spoke in sacrament.
We talked to everyone.
We went to the Ruins. That was cool.
We met some people from Indiana at the Mexican restaurant. (wend. your people!!) They only speak english.
This week was another fun adventure. It started with getting chased away by a mad man calling us lesbians and saying bad things...

And it ended with Maria coming to church and the most beautiful lesson with Ada about life after death.
I love Maria. She is Lidia´s grandma. I love their family. Someday they will be a great strength to for the Church here in Coronel Bogado. Like Lidia is now.
We have been trying to get Maria to come to church for 4 months. And SHE CAME. She even came the day of the finale of the World Cup. She even came on a day that she had a ton of work to do. It was a MIRACLE. Prayer works.
She even shared in class and she shared the most beautiful comments about how much she loves the gospel. How she loves visiting with us because she feels that what we have to share is truth.

And it is.

Even though some people choose not to follow it. Like Derlis. He still doesn´t want to get baptized. He´s kindof turning into a creep, but HE KNOWS it´s true.
But then there are people like Ada. We met Ada about 2 months ago. Walking in the street. We found her again a week later and we taught her about the Plan of Salvation. And the next day, her husband passed away. She´s been really busy and not had time to meet with us. But we had an appointment with her on Sunday and we went. She was so confused and had so many questions about the death of her Husband. We didn´t have much to say because we didn´t want to repeat the same old, "you´ll see him again we promise."
We wanted her to feel the spirit.

So we shared a few scriptures with her. and let her know that God loves her and that He does have a plan for her. We reminded her of her strength and encouraged her to stay strong. And she thanked us for not being like everyone else. For inviting a good happy loving feeling into her heart. And she told us that she knew that it would be okay.
The Gospel blesses lives. The spirit testifies and touches hearts.

Something that touched my heart this week was Elder Bruce R. McConkie´s testimony of the Atonement.

So many people struggle to understand the Atonement. I struggle. But I love what he says... Sometimes, we just "rely on the Lord and His goodness to see us through the trials and perils of life." which is okay. But we should try to have faith like Enoch and Elijah and Nephi. We should try to have a sound understanding of the Atonement. Because through the understanding of the Atonement, all other principles and ordinances in the gospel are made easier to understand.
And we can do it by studying the Book of Mormon. I really realized the importance of CONTINUALLY studying. Everyday. because with lots of travel and moving and craziness I´ve lost some study time. But I had the opportunity to read Elder Bednar´s article about Lehi´s Dream this week. It´s attached at the bottom so that you can read it. :)
In Lehi´s dream, the people who fell away in the end. Even after partaking of the fruit, were most likely those who just casually held to the Rod. They didn´t CLING to it continually.

I have made a promise that from now until the rest of forever I will continually hold fast to my Book of Mormon. :) It´s THAT important.

I learned so many more things this week. And as always, I was taught again of the Love of God. He loves us so much.
xoxo

Hermana Rupe













No comments: